Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bump Update: 14 Weeks

Posted by Mrs. C. at 12:13 PM
There is no bump photo from this week. John worked late this weekend and I wasn't able to get a picture taken. 




How Far Along: 14 weeks, 4 days as of May 8th

Size Of BabyBaby is the size of a lemon, and is 3 1/2 inches long. Baby weighs 1 1/2 ounces.
According to the babycenter, 

"Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth."
Maternity Clothes: Not yet. But I'm wondering when I should get them. I still fit into my jeans comfortably, but they're not too flattering. I have a bit of a lower tummy bulging out.

Weight Gain: Some days I feel normal sized and others, I look in the mirror and see a bump. I've only gained 1 lb so far. I'm at 124.5.

Stretch Marks: Nope. Lathering on my body oil each night.

SleepI had a few rough nights this week when I tried avoiding sleeping on my tummy and back. I just couldn't get comfortable. The next night, I decided to forgo my experiment and just continue to enjoy these positions until the doctor tells me otherwise.

Best Moment of the WeekWhen I looked in the mirror one morning, and thought that a baby bump was forming.

MovementNot yet. You are deep in there.

Cravings: I had my first real craving this week and John was a loving husband. All of a sudden, I NEEDED to have rice crispy treats. So I went up to John, who was on the chair playing video games. 

Me: Babbbb-y, how much do you love me?
Him: Why? What did you do?
Me: Nothing. Do you think you could go to the store and buy some marshmellows and rice krispy treats so that I can make rice crispy treats?
Him: Oh boy. Is this like a pregnancy craving? 
Me: Maybe. They just sound SO good and I have to finish making dinner.
Him: Ok. But let's not make this a habit.

Such a sweet guy. I couldn't believe he did this for me. My pregnancy hormones almost took over as I held back tears. hehe. I even called my mom to tell her how great he was.

Gender: I am beginning to realize that I have an overwhelming feeling that you are a girl. But that could just be  my brain playing tricks on me. 5 long more weeks until we know for sure!

Belly Button In or Out: In 

Wedding Ring on or Off: On- But last week it slipped off my finger at the supermarket! I thought your fingers were supposed to get fatter, not skinnier!

Anything Making You Queasy or Sick: Not really.

What I Miss: Finding an outfit to wear without having to shift through my closet a 100 times wondering if the outfit makes me look fat or pregnant.

Labor Signs: N/A

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good these past few weeks.

Nursery: Thoughts are forming. I've been researching registry items all this week. I can't really do anything for the nursery until I find out whether baby is a boy or girl.

EmotionsI feel back to my old self again these past two weeks. I've been running and feeling good. I came inside the house after a 4.5 mile run and told John, "I've got my running mojo back!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

...and then there were 4 Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea