Saturday, September 7, 2013

32 Week Bump Update

Posted by Mrs. C. at 3:28 PM


How Far Along: 32 weeks as of September 7th


Size Of Baby: According to baby center: Baby weighs 3 3/4 pounds, about the size of a large jicama, (don't ask me what that is) and is about 16.7 inches long. I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to my baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
Maternity Clothes: Nothing new to report. I'm getting sick of wearing the same outfits.


Weight Gain I'm up about 17-18 pounds. I'm starting to feel large and uncomfortable, mostly at night, after I have eaten dinner. She's either getting bigger or has changed positions because I feel like I have less room underneath my breasts than before.
 
Stretch Marks: Good so far.

SleepOuch, the night before last, I woke up muttering some not-so-nice words, as I attempted to untangle myself from the sheets. I had a leg cramp. Yup, one of the symptoms I dreaded most going into this pregnancy (besides gaining weight and vomiting). They are just SO painful. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was trying to make a conscious effort not to stretch my legs a certain way, for fear that it would happen again.

Best Moment of the WeekThe nursery is almost nearing completion. The pink curtains are up, the toy box is assembled, baby's blankets are washed, and her elephant prints are on the walls. I just can't wait to hold her in my arms and rock her to sleep in the glider.
 
Movement: Lots of kicks and turns, mostly at night while cuddling with John on the couch, or while I'm lying on my side, trying to sleep. I love feeling her in there. ♥

Cravings: So, I've decided that I have had a craving these past few weeks, and it is cottage cheese. Weird, right? But every morning, I look forward to my scoop of cottage cheese that I have on my plate at lunch.
 
Gender: The room is decked out in pink!

Belly Button In or Out: Still in and I think it's staying that way.

Wedding Ring on or Off: Still on. But baby brain kicked in this week big time when I couldn't find my rings. John and I spent a good 45 minutes searching the house for them. Turns out, they were in the pocket of my maternity capris that I wore a few days earlier. I am normally a very organized person and rarely misplace things. John gave me a kiss and said, "What are we going to do about that baby brain of yours?"

What I Miss: Feeling athletic. I just feel so mushy and large. I've walked a few times this week and completed my workout dvd twice, but I feel like I lack the motivation and drive I had last year. I'm afraid it won't come back once the baby gets here. That scares me because running and exercising are a HUGE part of my identity. They make me feel beautiful and confident. John seems to be on board with letting me join my gym again in January for a few months. It's just so expensive. I hope I get my exercising mojo back, though.

Labor Signs: No and No.


Symptoms: That dreaded leg cramp, occasional nightly back pain, getting harder to breathe, lack of energy or motivation to work out.

Emotions: How will I ever survive 8 more weeks of waiting?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

...and then there were 4 Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea