Thursday, October 17, 2013

37 and 38 Week Bump Update

Posted by Mrs. C. at 1:17 PM



Today is Thursday, which means I am doing the weekly bump update late (37 weeks) or early (38 weeks), however you want to look at it. I am 37 weeks, 5 days right now. We've had many ups and downs in our pregnancy journey these last two weeks. Last week, at 36 weeks, 3 days, Baby C was measuring 5.2 lbs, putting her in the 4th percentile. Then this past Tuesday at 37 weeks, 3 days, her amniotic fluid got as low as 5.29. Anything below a 5 creates concern for the doctors and can mean an induction. So, John and I have been cautiously worried and anxious about our baby's well-being these past two weeks. 

I've been trying to take it easy since Tuesday when they told me her fluid was low, but it is tough! I am not the type to be inactive. I have things still to get accomplished before little one is here, and I dislike not being able to do things for myself. John has been SO good to me these past few days. He has helped me make dinner, gets me water when I need it, and pulls out the end table when I'm done eating dinner and trying to get up off the ground (we are soaking up the last days eating in front of t.v.)! 

Despite my best efforts to rest, I did have to get a few things done this week. I grocery shopped and stocked our freezer with some meals; Mac and cheese, Lasagna, Chicken tortilla soup, Beef Stew, Peanut Butter Pie, and Italian Chicken Roll ups. I've never frozen meals before, so I hope they turn out yummy! I also picked up my breast pump. It is a very cheap, 1 sided manual pump, the only type our insurance will pay for. Since I will be home with our little girl, I thought I'd try this for the few times I leave her. If it seems too tiring and inefficient, then we'll buy an electric one. Those things aren't cheap!! We're talking $200 + for a good electric pump!  I also did some birthday present shopping this week for John and my parents. I bought my mom a REDBOX gift card and some new PJs and my dad is getting a dvd and a "World's Greatest Grandpa" hat.

The big question of last week was whether we should  have the Version or schedule a C-Section. We really thought this over and were actually leaning towards attempting to turn her. But when we received the news that she was even smaller and her amniotic fluid was low, we decided against it. The doctor said because of these reasons, the procedure had a very small chance of working and could bring about fetal distress. I really feel that all signs were pointing against the version when we heard this. There must be a reason why God put her breech and I just need to trust that she is where she is supposed to be. Even if they flip her, she might still need to be delivered through a C-section if her levels and size are still a concern. So we have October 30th booked as her birth date.  Baby girl has less than 2 weeks until she enters this world and I just can't wait!

 I must be looking good and pregnant this week because I have been getting tons of comments from strangers. Today, a lady at the hair salon told me that I am "the cutest pregnant woman she has ever seen!" While watching the Buffalo Bills football game at the bar this past Sunday, the host said I was "so adorable" and "all belly" and our waitress said I looked amazing.  When John and I were walking to a little diner for lunch last Saturday, a lady walked by and said, "oh my goodness, what a cute little belly!"  These comments have really brought a smile to my face during these emotionally trying days. My little girl is nestled in there and treating her momma good, I guess. Every time they check her on the ultrasound these past few weeks, she's been in a little ball, with her hands in front of her face on the top right side of my belly and her bottom down and her legs curled up at the bottom right.



How Far Along: 38 weeks in two days, October 19th to be exact!

Size Of Baby: According to baby center: She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she is over 19 1/2 inches long . She has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
 According to the Doctor: Last time we had the growth scan, baby was 5.2 lbs. That was almost two weeks ago. 

Maternity Clothes: Still just wearing the same old, same old.


Weight Gain I'm up about 24 pounds. I've been trying to eat and drink more these past two weeks to help little one grow.
Stretch Marks: OH NO!! I found about 6 ugly, red marks under my belly this week. They might have been there for a few days but I can't see them unless I lift my belly up in the mirror. They are not pretty at all and I am really bummed. I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones to avoid these marks, but I guess not. John has been so wonderful about it. He told me to stop dwelling on them and that I should be grateful because it means our little baby is growing, like she needs to. But *sigh,* there are so many sacrifices a mother makes right from the start that her children never really understand. I'm sorry mom, if I gave you stretch marks 28 years ago!!!
SleepWith my low fluid, I've been wondering if I will be delivering sooner than later and this has caused some late night insomnia. I'm trying to take  naps here and there because I know these are the last days of sleep I will get in a while!
Best Moment of the WeekSeeing baby's hair last week floating around in the amniotic fluid and seeing her little lips sucking in and out today, both through the ultrasound. She is such a sweet little thing. The ultrasound techs. this week said that she has been taking great little practice breaths too!

Movement: Most days she's quiet, but we had a night this past week where she was rolling and poking and it was quite the amazing thing to feel and watch.
Cravings: Nothing new.
 
Gender: My little girl.

Belly Button In or Out: In.

Wedding Ring on or Off: Still on and still majorly in love.

What I Miss: Walking at a normal pace.

Labor Signs: I've had a few days where I've felt mild cramps, but for the most part, nothing.

Nursery: Still need to put up those pesky shelves.

Symptoms: Yesterday was a tough day. It was truly the first day I disliked pregnancy and wanted baby out.  I am walking at a snails pace these days, feel so much pressure on my pelvis, and the worst of it is the feeling that I can't breathe. It is hard to get a good breathe in and it's a scary feeling. Today's been better, so I'm hoping I just had an off day yesterday.

Emotions: Excited for her arrival, scared for her health, bittersweet about these last few days of just John and I.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

...and then there were 4 Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea