Saturday, June 29, 2013

Letter to Baby #2

Posted by Mrs. C. at 2:21 PM
Dear baby girl,
We found out that you were a girl a few weeks ago and the day after the reveal, I felt you move for the first time! Since then, my heart has grown 10x bigger. I imagine you in there, squirming about and doing flips, and I wonder what you will look like when I meet you in four months. I'm not going to lie, I also am feeling a bit nervous. Will I be a good momma to you? Will I teach you to be confident, respectful, empathetic, and kind? I want so much for you and I hope that my mothering skills will grow so that I can always protect you and give you every opportunity to succeed and be happy.

I hope that I can guide you to be strong and independent, but I also hope that we will be more than mother and daughter, but best friends. Now that I know you are a girl and can feel you moving, everything feels much more real. I'm working on your nursery, and I wonder if you will approve. I see little girls twirl on t.v. and I dream about you at age five, dancing and smiling in pig tails.

Your daddy and I love you so much already. Even Sammie has been snuggling up to my belly more and more. We can't wait to meet you in 4 months and we hope that you will be as happy to see us as we will to meet you.

All my love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

...and then there were 4 Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea