Friday, June 28, 2013

What you need to know about your Daddy

Posted by Mrs. C. at 3:53 PM
Dear baby,
I thought it might be useful for me to share with you some facts about your daddy.  I know that over the years, you will learn these things yourself, but I think it might be fun to tell you how your daddy is now, as I, your mom, know him. At 29 years old.

  1. Your daddy may be a procrastinator, but he is one of the smartest guys I know. He can hold an endless use of facts in his head, and really should star on Jeopardy. He especially knows everything about sports. 
  2. He's a medical doctor and he helps people get better everyday. But he's very modest. He doesn't brag about being a doctor and he doesn't even refer to himself as Dr. Cullen on letters and such. He doesn't need to announce to the world his accomplishments. He is confident in his capabilities and that is enough for him. I love this selflessness about him.
  3. Your daddy LOVES sports and video games. After a loooong day of work at the hospital, the place he relaxes is the couch, either watching a Syracuse Basketball game (he already has plans for you to go to college at SU) or with controller in hand, playing a video game. I can have whole conversations with him that are one-sided, of course, and he won't know a single world I'm saying if a game is on. I hope you, baby, don't adopt this trait :)
  4. Your dad has an obsession with shoes. He's a simple guy and doesn't get too excited over gifts. But, take him to the shoe store and he is in heaven. I think his shoe collection is even larger than your momma's!
  5. Your daddy will love you to the end of the world. He won't show it through gifts or large acts or displays, but he will show you this when he lets you have the last french fry or gives you the window seat on the airplane each and every time. He will show it by giving you a kiss each night and showing up at every race or sporting event and cheering you on. 
Your daddy's heart grew bigger the moment he knew you were in my belly and I just know that his love will grow more and more for you each and every day.  You are one lucky girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

...and then there were 4 Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea